Dear Y family:
We are excited to be open and welcome you back to the Y. Our facilities will reopen in phases following all safety guidelines.
Many favorite activities and amenities are available in complete compliance with the Governor’s Reopening Task Force, CDC, and local health guidelines. While the YMCA may look a little different due to the new safety guidelines, our commitment to serving our community has not changed.
Please read our June 20 Reopening Plan. Schedule updates will be added to this page as we move forward in phases, published on our social media channels and send to members in our newsletters.
See you soon!
Hours of Operation
- For now we are operating on an abbreviated schedule.
- Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Senior Hour Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:30-2:30 PM. This hour is reserved exclusively for our active older adult members. Senior members may reserve time in Silver Sneakers class, fitness center, pool, or indoor track. Our senior members are also welcome to reserve time during our regular hours. This Senior Hour is for those who feel more comfortable working out when there are only senior members at the Y.
Keeping Members and Staff Safe
Our Y has implemented new protocols in accordance with state and local health department guidelines to keep our members and staff safe.
- Please click here to read the New Britain YMCA Phase One Reopening Information
- Updates to our reopening schedules will be published on this page.
- Please review the Travel Advisory from the State of Connecticut. before you come to the Y.
- Travel Advisory from the State of Connecticut
- Masks are required for everyone's safety. According to the CDC guidance on masks, masks with exhalation valves and gaiters are not recommended. Gaiters and KN 95 masks with one way valves or vents will not be allowed at the Y. T-shirts covering your face is not a substitute for a mask. A proper mask must be worn. The Y requires that face masks be worn in all common areas. Masks may be removed during classes or strenuous exercise if social distancing is maintained. See CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- Members and staff will be screened before entering our building with questions and a temperature check with a temporal thermometer. We will review our facility rules with members prior to entry. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed in the facility.
- Reservations are required. Members will call the Y at 860-229-3787 to make the reservation the day before.
- All 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM reservations must be made by 8:00 PM the day before.
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings due to safety and capacity guidelines.
- Oct. 1 locker room update: General locker rooms are available for swimmers to use for changing and showers after using the pool. Please read for more information - Locker Room Update effective October 1st.
- Mens' Health Center Locker Room is open to Health Center members starting October 15th.
- Child watch, hot tub, sauna and steam rooms, and racquetball are closed in accordance with the safety guidelines.
- Come dressed to work out and dressed to swim.
- Signs with safety reminders including handwashing instructions will be throughout the facility.
- The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment. We are implementing additional stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites. The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus
that causes COVID-19. We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily.
- Bring a water bottle.
- We will run a modified group exercise schedule which will include:
- Aqua Zumba Thursday evenings 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm
- Aqua Zumba Gold Thursday mornings 9:30 am-10:15 am Deep Water walking Saturday mornings 8:00 am-8:50 am and Water aerobics will run Monday through Friday 8:00 am-9:00 am.
- Any other open time slots in the pool will be for Adult Lap Swim only. However, we are using a reservation system which means you will have to call and reserve a lane to swim laps or call to reserve a spot in a class. All reservations have a one hour max. First come first serve. Any 5:00 am - 9:00 am reservations will have to be made the day before by 8:00 pm. You will call the front desk 860-229-3787 to make all reservations. There will be no swim lessons for children or adults offered in the first few phases and no open swim. The hot tub is closed.
- All PPE masks are to be worn until you are ready to walk to your lane and enter the water. Once out of the water please put your mask on until you are out of the building.
- New Britain YMCA Fall 2020 Pool Schedule
Group Exercise Schedule
- New Britain YMCA Fall 2020 Group Exercise Schedule updated October 16
- Group Exercise classes are by reservation.
- Berlin YMCA Fall II Group Exercise Schedule - Preregistration required for 8 week class
July 20th Update: Basketball hoops may be reserved as follows:
- Individual reservation- Two hoops available per hour. One person per basketball hoop. Each person must stay in their hoop area, and may not play each other. Bring your own ball.
- Family reservation - One family can reserve this area for an hour. They must all be part of the same household membership and living at the same address. Parents and children must come together. No drop offs.
Call the New Britain YMCA during our business hours to make your reservation at 860.229.3787.
- Use of the Y is by reservation only. You can make the reservation 24 hours in advance by phone at 860-229-3787.
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings. No guests, visitors, or members from other Y branches will be allowed at this time due to safety and capacity guidelines.