Dear Y family:
We are excited to welcome you to the Y. Many favorite activities and amenities are available in complete compliance with the Governor’s Reopening Task Force, CDC, and local health guidelines. While the YMCA may look a little different due to the new safety guidelines, our commitment to serving our community has not changed.
What's happening at the Y:
- Welcome Back Video from when we reopened June 20, 2020
- Since our June 2020 reopening, masks are now required at all times.
- Build Your Body, Mind, and Spirit video March 16, 2021
- Follow us on Facebook, @NBBYMCA on Instagram and Twitter, and YouTube.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter
- Read our newest guidelines effective March 19, 2021
See you soon!
John Benigni, CEO and Marci Moskal, Branch Executive Director
Hours of Operation
- We are operating on an abbreviated schedule for now.
- Monday – Friday 5:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Good Friday 5:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., closed Easter Sunday
- Reservations are required.
- Click here and log into your account to make an online reservation.
- If you would prefer to make a reservation by phone, please call us at 860-229-3787.
- All 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM reservations must be made by 8:00 PM the day before.
Keeping Members and Staff Safe
- Our Y has implemented new protocols in accordance with federal, state and local health department guidelines to keep our members and staff safe. Please read all of the information below before coming to the Y.
- The 3 W's can make a big difference in controlling #COVID19: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, Watch your distance.
Please be advised of the Travel Advisory and quarantine. State of Connecticut Travel Advisory
Members and staff will be screened before entering our building with questions and a temperature check using a temporal thermometer. We will review our facility rules with members prior to entry. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed in the facility.
Here are the COVID screening questions. Please review them before visiting. If your answer yes to any of these you are not permitted to enter the Y.
1. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu symptoms not assessed and cleared by your primary physician?
2. Have you traveled outside of the United States within the past 14 days and have you reported all out of state travel during that period?
3. Have you knowingly been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the community?
4. Did someone in your household get a COVID-19 test (not related to regular screening or medical procedure) and is waiting for their test results?
Masks Are Required
- Masks are required for everyone's safety. According to the CDC guidance on masks, masks with exhalation valves and gaiters are not recommended. Gaiters and KN 95 masks with one way valves or vents will not be allowed at the Y. T-shirts covering your face is not a substitute for a mask. A proper mask must be worn.
- See CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- Please note per Governor Lamont's Executive Order 9M issued November 20th and effective November 23, 2020, masks are required in gyms and group exercise classes, no exceptions. They must be worn while exercising.
Wash Your Hands
Signs with safety reminders including handwashing instructions are throughout the facility.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- We are implementing additional stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily.
- We also ask members to please wipe down machines before and after use.
One Way Traffic Flow
There is a one way traffic flow throughout the building.
Visitors and Guest Policy
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings due to safety and capacity guidelines. No members from other YMCAs, guests, or visitors.
- Fitness center, group exercise classes, and pool by reservation. (Starting March 19th fitness center will not need a reservation, only classes, pool and basketball.)
- Locker Rooms - General locker rooms are available for swimmers to use for changing and showers after using the pool. Please read for more information - Locker Room Update effective October 1st.
- Read our newest guidelines effective March 19, 2021
- The Men's Health Center Locker Room is open to Health Center members.
- Child Watch, hot tub, sauna and steam rooms, and racquetball are closed in accordance with the State of Connecticut's safety guidelines.
- Come dressed to work out and dressed to swim.
- Bring a water bottle. Water fountains are not available to drink from. A water refill station is available outside the fitness center to refill your water bottle.
- Please call 860.229.3787 for schedule information and reservations. The hot tub is closed.
- All PPE masks are to be worn until you are ready to enter the water. Once out of the water please put your mask on until you are out of the building.
Group Exercise Schedule
- Group Exercise classes are by reservation. Call 860.229.3787 or make an online reservation.
- New Britain YMCA Group Exercise Schedule updated February 22, 2021
- Berlin YMCA 2021 Winter II Group Exercise Schedule - Preregistration required for 8 week class
- Masks are required to be worn at all times and reservations are required.
- Starting 2/1/21 - Individual reservation- Up to four hoops may be available per hour, spread out in the gym. Two people are allowed per hoop. Two on two play is allowed. (See new information effective March 19, 2021.)
- Family reservation - One family can reserve area for an hour, parents and children, a maximum of four people. Parents must come with their children. All must wear masks at all times, including while playing.
- Bring your own ball. You may only bring a basketball into the Y if you have a reservation.
Resources for more information:
- CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- State of Connecticut Travel Advisory
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 Response Latest Guidance