Dear Y family:
We are excited to welcome you to the Y. Our facilities will reopen in phases following all safety guidelines.
Many favorite activities and amenities are available in complete compliance with the Governor’s Reopening Task Force, CDC, and local health guidelines. While the YMCA may look a little different due to the new safety guidelines, our commitment to serving our community has not changed.
Schedule updates will be added to this page as we move forward in phases, published on our social media channels and send to members in our newsletters.
To see what's new at the Y, view our Welcome Back Video from when we reopened June 20, 2020.
See you soon!
Hours of Operation
- We are operating on an abbreviated schedule for now.
- Monday – Friday 5:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m – 9:00 p.m
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Keeping Members and Staff Safe
Our Y has implemented new protocols in accordance with federal,state and local health department guidelines to keep our members and staff safe. Please read all of the information below before coming to the Y.
The 3 W's can make a big difference in controlling #COVID19: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, Watch your distance.
Please be advised of the Travel Advisory and quarantine. State of Connecticut Travel Advisory
Members and staff will be screened before entering our building with questions and a temperature check using a temporal thermometer. We will review our facility rules with members prior to entry. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed in the facility.
Here are the COVID screening questions. Please review them before visiting. If your answer yes to any of these you are not permitted to enter the Y.
1. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu symptoms not assessed and cleared by your primary physician?
2. Have you traveled outside of the United States within the past 14 days and have you reported all out of state travel during that period?
3. Have you knowingly been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the community?
4. Did someone in your household get a COVID-19 test (not related to regular screening or medical procedure) and is waiting for their test results?
Masks Are Required
- Masks are required for everyone's safety. According to the CDC guidance on masks, masks with exhalation valves and gaiters are not recommended. Gaiters and KN 95 masks with one way valves or vents will not be allowed at the Y. T-shirts covering your face is not a substitute for a mask. A proper mask must be worn.
- See CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- Please note per Governor Lamont's Executive Order 9M issued November 20th and effective November 23, 2020, masks are required in gyms and group exercise classes, no exceptions. They must be worn while exercising.
Wash Your Hands
Signs with safety reminders including handwashing instructions are throughout the facility.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment. We are implementing additional stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites. The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19. We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily. We also ask members to please wipe down machines before and after use.
One Way Traffic Flow
There is a one way traffic flow throughout the building.
- Reservations are required. Members will call the Y at 860-229-3787 to make the reservation the day before.
- All 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM reservations must be made by 8:00 PM the day before.
Visitors and Guest Policy
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings due to safety and capacity guidelines. No members from other YMCAs, guests, or visitors.
- Fitness center, group exercise classes, and pool by reservation.
- Locker Rooms - General locker rooms are available for swimmers to use for changing and showers after using the pool. Please read for more information - Locker Room Update effective October 1st.
- The Mens' Health Center Locker Room is open to Health Center members starting October 15th.
- Child watch, hot tub, sauna and steam rooms, and racquetball are closed in accordance with the State of Connecticut's safety guidelines.
- Come dressed to work out and dressed to swim.
- Bring a water bottle. Water fountains are not available to drink from. A water refill station is available outside the fitness center to refill your water bottle.
- Please call 860.229.3787 for schedule information and reservations. The hot tub is closed.
- All PPE masks are to be worn until you are ready to enter the water. Once out of the water please put your mask on until you are out of the building.
Group Exercise Schedule
- Group Exercise classes are by reservation. Call 860.229.3787.
- New Britain YMCA Group Exercise Schedule updated January 4, 2021
- Berlin YMCA 2021 Winter Group Exercise Schedule - Preregistration required for 8 week class
- Masks are required to be worn at all times.
- Individual reservation- Four hoops available per hour, spread out in the gym. One person per basketball hoop. Each person must stay in their own area. They may not play other players. No pick-up games.
- Family reservation - One family can reserve area for an hour, parents and children, a maximum of four people. Parents must come with their children. All must wear masks at all times, including while playing.
Resources for more information:
- CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- State of Connecticut Travel Advisory
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 Response Latest Guidance