New Britain YMCA Phase One Reopening
- Please click here to read the New Britain YMCA Phase One Reopening Information
- Travel Advisory from the State of Connecticut
- Masks are required for everyone's safety. The Y requires that face masks be worn in all common areas. Masks may be removed during classes or strenuous exercise if social distancing is maintained.
- Members and staff will be screened before entering our building with questions and a temperature check. We will review our Phase One facility rules with members prior to entry. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed in the facility.
Due to the new social distancing and capacity requirements, the Y is utilizing a reservation system for members to schedule time in the Fitness Center, Pool, and Group Exercise classes. Members will be able to call the Y to reserve their spot.
Members will be able to reserve a time slot of one hour to workout or participate in the group exercise classes we will offer. Schedules will be shown on our web site. Members will call the Y at 860-229-3787 to make the reservation the day before.
All 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM reservations must be made by 8:00 PM the day before.
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings due to safety and capacity guidelines.
- During Phase One, locker rooms (except family locker room), open gym time, open swim time, child watch, hot tub, sauna and steam rooms, and racquetball are closed in accordance with the safety guidelines.
Hours of Operation
Abbreviated schedule for Phase One YMCA Reopening: We’ll have abbreviated hours in Phase One as we begin reopening with the new guidelines. In two weeks we will evaluate our schedule.
- Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- We are closed 1:00 - 3:00 PM for additional cleaning and disinfecting.
- Saturday and Sunday 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- We will run a modified group exercise schedule which will include:
- Aqua Zumba Thursday evenings 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm
- Aqua Zumba Gold Thursday mornings 9:30 am-10:15 am Deep Water walking Saturday mornings 8:00 am-8:50 am and Water aerobics will run Monday through Friday 8:00 am-9:00 am.
- Any other open time slots in the pool will be for Adult Lap Swim only. However, we are using a reservation system which means you will have to call and reserve a lane to swim laps or call to reserve a spot in a class. All reservations have a one hour max. First come first serve. Any 5:00 am - 9:00 am reservations will have to be made the day before by 8:00 pm. You will call the front desk 860-229-3787 to make all reservations. There will be no swim lessons for children or adults offered in the first few phases and no open swim. The hot tub is closed.
- We are asking all members to come already dressed in their swim suit. There will be no access to the Women’s Locker room, Men’s Locker room, or Men’s Health Center. We will use the family assist locker room for people to shower prior to entering the pool then the individual changing stalls after using the pool to quickly change and exit the facility using the stainless steel door on the pool deck. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for all reservations. You will have to stop at the tent outside to have your temperature taken and check-in.
- All PPE masks are to be worn until you are ready to walk to your lane and enter the water. Once out of the water please put your mask on until you are out of the building.
- Pool Schedule 8/1-8/7
- Pool Schedule 8/8/-8/14
Group Exercise Schedule
July 20th Update
- Individual reservation- Two hoops available per hour. One person per basketball hoop. Each person must stay in their hoop area, and may not play each other. Bring your own ball.
- Family reservation - One family can reserve this area for an hour. They must all be part of the same household membership and living at the same address.
Call the New Britain YMCA during our business hours to make your reservation at 860.229.3787.
- Use of the Y is by reservation only. You can make the reservation 24 hours in advance by phone at 860-229-3787.
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings. No guests, visitors, or members from other Y branches will be allowed at this time due to safety and capacity guidelines.