2022 Dates and Themes
These dates are based on the current Berlin Public Schools schedule.
- Week 1, June 20 - 24: Adventure Awaits
- Week 2, June 27 - July 1: Celebration Week
- Week 3, July 5 - 8: Game On
- Week 4, July 11 - 15: Got Talent
- Week 5, July 18 - 22: Jurassic World
- Week 6, July 25 - 29: Rock-a-palooza
- Week 7, August 1 - 5: H2-Oh Yeah!
- Week 8, August 8 - 12: Thundermoon Madness
Weeks 2, 4 and 6 are camp show weeks. Non-show weeks there would be an all camp activity on Friday such as an in-house assembly or special guest or activity planned to go along with the weekly theme.
How Do I Register?
We have two registrations options, online, and on paper. We encourage online registration if you can, to help us go green. Thank you.
- To register by paper, scroll to the bottom of the page, print the registration packet, complete it, and bring it to the New Britain YMCA at 50 High Street in New Britain.
- If you are applying for Care4Kids and financial assistance you must register by paper and in person.
- Please read through the 2022 Camp FAQs, sessions and dates, and other camp information before starting your online registration.
- The only paper you need to print if you register online are the medical form, sunscreen form, authorization to administer medicine (if needed), care plans (if needed).
- All other registration information and waivers are online.
- Our online registration system only accepts one discount. If you qualify for more than one discount use paper registration and bring your registration to the New Britain YMCA.
- If you are applying for Care4Kids and financial assistance, please use paper registration.
- The Register Here link at the bottom of the page will take you to our program registration system. If you have an account, enter your account information to start your registration. To locate your account, you can use your member id. If you do not know what your member id is, call the New Britain YMCA at 860.229.3787.
Other Important Registration Information
- If you are registering for one week of camp, full payment is required (plus the one-time $20 Camp Fun Fee). Cash, Check, Credit/Debit accepted.
- If you are registering for multiple weeks of camp you have two payment options:
- Option 1: Payment in full at the time of registration (plus the one-time $20 Camp Fun Fee).
- Option 2: A $10 (Non-refundable/Non-transferable) deposit is required for each week of camp. Then the remaining balance must be set-up on auto-draft, using a credit/debit card. Payments are due to be paid in full no later than the Monday before the start of a new camp week.
- Please be advised there is a $20 switching fee for changing the weeks of a child’s camp registration after the initial registration. Requests will be honored only if space permits.
- At least one week’s notice is required for all cancellations. Upon cancellation, a system credit (minus the Camp Fun Fee) will be given for any camp fees paid. The credit can be used towards any future YMCA program.
- Camp fees will not be refunded for absence, failure to attend camp while enrolled, delayed attendance, or dismissal from camp.
When do I need to register my child by and when is payment needed?
- All registrations must be submitted by midnight on the Tuesday before the camp session you want your camper to attend.
- Any back balances must be paid before you can register for this summer.
- Payments are due to be paid in full no later than the Monday before the start of a new camp week.
- Camp payments are auto-drafted weekly so camp is paid for by the start of camp.
Where do I find medical forms and how do I get them to the Y?
- You will need to print the medical form (in the Registration Packet below) and have your medical provider complete it.
- All medical forms can be faxed to the Berlin Y office (860) 828-7830, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop it off at the front desk at the New Britain YMCA.
- State law prohibits a child from attending camp without the medical forms completed by a physician within 36 months prior to attending camp.
How can I save money on camp?
- Member Savings - Having a Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA Membership means you save on your weekly camp fee!
- Register April 3 - 30 save $20 with Lawn Sign discount. Registering online? Call Stephanie at 860.229.3787 for more info.
- Register May 1 - 31 save $15. One discount per family on total camp fees. Use promo code Thunder2022-M15 if you are registering online.
- Register June 1 - 17 and save $10. One discount per family on total camp fees. Use promo code Thunder2022-J10 if you are registering online.
- Pay In Full Savings - Register for all 7 weeks and pay in full at the time of registration (in person registration only) and receive 10% off your total camp fees.
Is financial assistance available for camp?
Yes. For those who are in need of Financial Aid, you must apply before registering for camp. We require families to apply for the state funded Care4Kids program first, before applying for Financial Aid through the Y. Applications are available below.
If you need to apply for Care4Kids you will need to register using paper registration forms. Do not use the online camp registration. Go to the forms below. Print and complete the Care4Kids and Camp Registration Packet. The completed registration form and Care4Kids application can be dropped off at the New Britain YMCA front desk. If you are applying for Care4Kids, your weekly camp fee will be 50% of the total per child until your Care4Kids certificates are received and your account is adjusted accordingly. Any remaining balance after Care4Kids subsidy is applied to your account is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. If you are denied the Care4Kids subsidy you will be responsible for the total remaining balance.