When you belong to the Y, you build more than muscle, you strengthen our community. You’re committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. Every day the impact of the Y is felt when someone makes a healthy choice, a teacher or coach inspires a child and builds their confidence, and when neighbors come together for the common good.
Member safety is our top priority and the YMCA is clean, safe, and in full compliance with all State of Connecticut and local public health guidelines regarding cleaning, sanitizing, masks and social distancing.
- At the Y you have two options for membership, a program membership or a full facility membership. A program membership is a basic membership so that you can register for classes. A full facility membership gives you access to the facilities and you save when you register for programs and summer camp with special lower rates for full members.
- Membership Descriptions and Pricing
- Please visit our Schedules page for the latest information about what's open, schedules and safety protocols
- Memberships are drafted monthly out of a bank or credit card account or you can purchase three month or one year memberships.
- There are no contracts.
- Please visit our Special Offers page.
Full Membership Benefits
Please visit our Schedules page for the latest reopening information, hours, group exercise and pool schedules, and safety protocols. Workout time and classes are by reservation.
One membership, three YMCAs. The Meriden, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs have joined together to better serve our three communities. This means more membership privileges for those with full memberships:
- Access to more facilities - Call ahead to reserve your workout time
- More group exercise classes (take them at any of the three locations). Included with your membership. Classes are by reservation
- More program choice. Sign up for any program held at the New Britain, Berlin and Meriden YMCAs at the lower full member rate.
- Free Child Watch babysitting service while you work out (during regular Child Watch hours)- This is currently closed under the State Reopening Guidelines
- Use of all of the New Britain wellness facilities: Complete Fitness Center in New Britain, Y360, Group Exercise classes, Aerobics and Cycling Studios (during group exercise classes), Heated Indoor Pool, Racquetball Courts and Climbing Wall and Locker Rooms. - Some parts of the facility are closed at this time. Please visit our Schedules page for the latest updates and call us at 860.229.3787 for more information.
- Option for men age over age 18 to upgrade membership for an additional fee to use the Men’s Health Center which includes private lockers. Steam room and sauna are closed at this time per State of Connecticut guidelines.
How to sign up for a new membership
- Go to the Schedules page to read the Reopening Plan, watch the video and check the schedules
- Download the forms and complete them and bring them to the Y. Health forms must be completed by all members on the membership. For example, if you sign up for a family membership, complete a health form for each member included in the family membership.
- Bring your driver's license with you.
- If you are signing up for a Silver Sneakers, Renew Active or Silver and Fit membership, please bring your insurance card and Silver Sneakers, Renew Active or Silver and Fit id number. In addition to the paperwork above there is a Silver Sneakers waiver to complete for that program. We have these at the Y.