As a partner with the Consolidated School District of New Britain, the YMCA is proud to offer program options to assist families that are in need of before school and/or after school care for their child.
Our well-trained and qualified staff will engage the children in a wide variety of activities that include sports, arts and crafts, outdoor time, cooperative games and more. Our programs focus on the fundamentals of the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. YMCA staff are first aid, CPR, & administration of medication certified. All programs are parent drop off/pickup, and are located in New Britain elementary schools.
Please see info below:
- AM Care 7:00 a.m. until school begins. Offered in all schools except Diloreto.
- PM Care school dismissal until 5:30 p.m. Offered in all schools. Includes care for any early dismissal days. Includes time for homework completion. Dinner program provided by Whitson’s included.
- Combo Care Before & After Care. Same times as above. Before Care offered in all elementary schools except Diloreto. After Care offered in all schools. Includes care for any early dismissal days. Includes time for homework completion. Dinner program provided by Whitson’s included.
Winter Weather Policies
SNOW DAY/CLOSING INFORMATION:
If schools are closed for snow our before and after care program will be closed as well.
Please be sure to sure to check the news stations for your town. Depending on the severity of the weather, a Snow Day Club may be offered, separate registration and payment required.
DELAYED OPENINGS AND EARLY DISMISSALS due to WEATHER:
If the New Britain schools have a delayed opening the before care program is cancelled.
If schools call an early dismissal due to inclement weather, child care will be provided until 4:00 PM. We want to ensure all of our families and staff get home safely
Please note the Meriden-New Britain–Berlin YMCA reserves the right to make changes to the above information if conditions deem necessary, every effort will be made to notify you of the changes.
- Registration packet is available to download and print (see forms below) or at the New Britain YMCA.
- A new registration must be completed each year. Bring the completed registration packet and current physical form with immunization records to the New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street.
- Additional medical paperwork will be required for children with health needs such as asthma, or allergies that require an epi-pen. Weekly payments are required by auto-draft to a credit/debit card or scheduled one week in advance of care.
- A YMCA program membership is required for the child.
- Financial assistance is available. The first step is to apply for Care4Kids. Please see the forms below.
- Print the forms, complete them, bring them to the New Britain YMCA during business hours and register or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are applying for Care4Kids and financial assistance you must register in person.
- Payments begin the week before school begins.
- YMCA 2023-2024 Registration Packet
- Health Assessment
- Allergy Care Plan
- Administration of Medication Form
- Asthma Care Plan
- Care4Kids Parent Provider Agreement
- Parent Handbook
Medical Forms & Care Plans
AM/PM Care and Camp Thundermoon will use CampDoc, an electronic, web-based health record system to maximize the health and safety of our campers during the summer, and after school participants throughout the year.
- Your medical information must be submitted through CampDoc.
- Once registered in Daxko, you will receive an invite via email from CampDoc to provide your medical information.
- Medical information must be entered and completed by the week before your camper attends camp.
- Please refer to the CampDoc “how to” information link for step by step instructions.
- CampDoc Before and After School Care Parent Letter
- CampDoc User Information
- CampDoc Health Profile
- CampDoc Upload Documents
Email email@example.com with questions or call (203) 514-9755 or (860) 229-3787.