Red Cross Certification Courses
American Red Cross Babysitting Class
Learn leadership skills, how to diaper and feed infants, how to handle choking emergencies, rescue breathing, basic first aid and lots more. Bring a pen, note book and a bag lunch. Includes Babysitter’s Training Handbook, DVD & Emergency Reference Guide. (For ages 11 - 15 years old.)
- June 19, 2021
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- New Britain YMCA
- Full Member Fee: $39
- Program or Non Member Fee: $69
- Masks are required in our facility
Lifeguard Certification Course
Provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. Must be fifteen years old and older to participate and all participants must pass the Pre-Test. Pre-Test: Swim 300 yards (12 laps) continuously on front, tread water for 2 minutes using legs only, and complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds (surface dive to retrieve a 10 pound object). Must be fifteen years old to participate. There is a maximum of ten participants.
- Friday, May 28th 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Pre-Test)
- Saturday May 29th 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 30th 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June class option 1:
- Friday, June 11th 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Pre-Test)
- Saturday June 12th 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 13th 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June class option 2:
- Friday, June 25th 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Pre-Test)
- Saturday June 26th 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 27th 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Location: New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street, New Britain
Contact: Ashley Jordan at 860.229.3787 or email@example.com
CPR and First Aid Certification or Re-certification
For CPR and First Aid classes for yourself or your workplace please contact Ashley Jordan at 860.229.3787.
General Refund Policy: If any class or program is canceled by the YMCA, a full refund of paid program fees, plus membership fees if taken out solely to participate in the canceled class, will be made by check from the YMCA. Other membership, program, joiner’s and drafting fee are nonrefundable. Any program or fitness classes not held for holidays or due to inclement weather are not refundable nor transferable.Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›