Red Cross Certification Courses
LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION COURSE
Provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. Must be fifteen years old and older to participate and all participants must pass the Pre-Test.*(10 participants max)
- WHEN: Friday, November 8th (Pre-Test) 5:00 PM-7:30 PM
Saturday, November 9th 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
Saturday, November 16th 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
Saturday, November 23rd 1:00 PM-7PM
Saturday, December 7th 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
Saturday, December 14th 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
Saturday, December 21st 1:00 PM-7:00 PM(Must attend ALL classes)
- * PRE-TEST: Swim 300 yards (12 laps) continuously on front, tread water for 2 minutes using legs only, and complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds (surface dive to retrieve a 10 pound object). Must be fifteen years old to participate.
- Members $275
- Program Members $300
- Non-Members $350
- Location: New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street, New Britain
- Contact: Ashley Jordan at 860.229.3787 or email@example.com
CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFICATION OR RE-CERTIFICATION
For CPR and First Aid classes for yourself or your workplace please contact Megan Stegner at 203 235 6386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AMERICAN RED CROSS BABYSITTING CLASS
Learn leadership skills, how to diaper and feed infants, how to handle choking emergencies, rescue breathing, basic first aid and lots more. Bring a pen, note book and a bag lunch. Includes Babysitter’s Training Handbook, DVD & Emergency Reference Guide. (For ages 11 - 15 years old.)
Choose from the following options to complete your class.
- September 14, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Berlin YMCA, 362 Main Street
- October 26, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street
- November 23, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street
- Full Member Fee: $39
- Program or Non Member Fee: $69
For more information contact Carrie Marquardt at 203-235-6386 ext. 18 or send an email to email@example.com.
Click here to read more about the babysitting course.Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›