New Britain Before & After School Care
Our well-trained and qualified staff will engage children in a wide variety of activities including sports time, arts and crafts, team building activities, outdoor time, cooperative games and more. Our programs focus on the fundamentals of the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
For the aftercare program, the daily schedule allows for homework to be completed and snack is included. Child care is available right in your school including: Lincoln, Vance, Smalley, Gaffney, Northend, Chamberlain, Holmes, Smith, Jefferson and Diloreto School.
- Before Care – 7:00 AM to School Start (Lincoln, Vance, Smalley, Gaffney, Northend, Chamberlain, Holmes, Smith, Jefferson)
- After Care – School Dismissal to 6:00 PM (Diloreto, Lincoln, Vance, Smalley, Gaffney, Northend, Chamberlain, Holmes, Smith, Jefferson)
- Combo Care – 7:00 AM to School Start and School Dismissal to 6:00 PM
- On half days we provide care for those in the Aftercare program from the time school is dismissed up until 6:00 p.m.
No School Days
- On scheduled no school days we offer Fun Days at the New Britain YMCA at 50 High Street for an additional cost (not including major holidays).
- Details are available two weeks prior to the no school day.
Snow Day Club
- Our Snow Day Club which offers care at the YMCA, at an additional cost, on those days when school is cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Families must have a full or program membership with the New Britain-Berlin YMCA to enroll.
To register, stop by our Welcome Center located at the New Britain YMCA at 50 High Street in New Britain. Care 4 Kids is accepted.
Click the button below to download all of the registration paperwork which will help ensure a speedy registration process!
- 2018 - 2019 New Britain Before and After Care Parent Handbook
- 2018 - 2019 New Britain Before and After Care Registration
For more information contact Donelle Daigle at 860.357.2717 or email@example.com
Hear from a parent why they love this program:
This is Marcos's mom, I just wanted to inform you how wonderful your staff at the YMCA before and after care in Lincoln Elementary has been. You really have amazing staff especially Ms. Flores she is absolutely wonderful and you can tell she knows what she is doing and how much she loves her job we appreciate her so much. As well as Mr. Kai my son likes him so much and is also talking about him and looks up to him. Ms. Jeiska as well as Mr. Colin are also so wonderful. I really appreciate what they do and how well they treat my son. Just wanted to let you know how well your staff are and I will continue to spread the word of this wonderful program. I hope you can keep them for a very long time. Keep up the good work!! Feel free to share this :)
“I just wanted to take a few minutes and tell you guys how much I appreciate you. I thought it was important for me to express my gratitude as my kids do to me everyday when I pick them up and they tell me how much fun they’ve had with you guys. You guys play a very important role not only my children’s lives but all the other kids in the program. My kids have requested that I pick them up later thanks to you guys So I just wanted to say thank you for all you do and continue to do.” - Marieangeliz
Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›