New COVID Policies for the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Effective Friday, March 19, 2021
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building.
- Social distancing of six feet or more must be maintained at all times in the building.
- If you use a particular machine, mat, shower, etc. you must spray and wipe down after usage.
- No loitering or “hanging around” anywhere in the program areas, fitness areas, gymnasium or locker rooms.
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing should also be practiced while at the YMCA.
- Reservations will be required for the Pool, Gymnasium and all Fitness Classes and should be made in advance by registering online or calling the front desk at the New Britain YMCA 860-229-3787 or the Meriden YMCA at 203.235.6386.
Online reservations for Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA Members
Fitness Center Areas
- No reservations are required for these areas.
- Every other cardio machine will be able to be used. Signs will be rotated.
- Members must remain six feet apart from each other. Members might have to wait for a particular machine or fitness equipment to maintain distance.
- Reservations are required.
- Two members per lane regardless of being in the same family.
- Capacity for water exercise classes increased to twelve.
- The hot tub at the New Britain YMCA is not available.
- Reservations are required and masks required at all times.
- New Britain YMCA branch - Wrist bands will be worn during open gym times. In the East Gym 5 on 5 games are permitted with 5 spectators waiting for next game. In the West Gym 5 on 5 games are permitted with 5 spectators waiting for next game. The max capacity for open gym is 30. Reservations are required.
- Meriden YMCA branch - Max capacity for open gym is 24. Reservations are required.
- All locker rooms will reopen. Locker Rooms are to be used for changing or a quick shower. No loitering or “hanging out” in the locker rooms.
- New Britain YMCA Men’s Health Center: No towel or laundry service, and steam room and saunas are not available at this time.
- Meriden YMCA branch - Saunas are not available at this time.
Note: All policies are subject to change and are reviewed on a regular basis with the guidance from local health departments, State of CT DPH and YMCA COVID-19 reopening committee.