Dear Health Center member:
The first phase of our Health Center Reopening will begin on October 15th.
In order to reopen the Health Center, we have to do it carefully and safely, following the State of Connecticut's reopening rules. Here’s how Phase I will work:
- The Health Center will be used for changing and showers only.
- Saunas and steam rooms are not available at this time according to the State of Connecticut reopening rules.
- Disinfectant spray will be available at each shower for members to spray showers before and after each use.
- Y staff will clean the showers on a regular basis.
- Please maintain social distancing while waiting for showers, walking to and from showers, and limit time if others are waiting.
Prior to October 15th if you would like to use the pool at the Y, the Men’s Locker Room near the pool is open. Swimmers and aqua class participants can shower and change after exercising in the pool. Please call us at 860.229.3787 to reserve your time at the Y.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and are extremely grateful for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you soon and will provide updates as they become available.
Let’s continue to work together to stay active and safe as we move ahead to this next phase in the Y’s reopening plans.
John Benigni, CEO, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Marci Moskal, Branch Executive Director, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs