To our Members, Child Care Families and Guests:
The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors. There are growing concerns about the potential spread of coronavirus, and in an effort to keep you and your family healthy and prevent the spread of germs, we are sharing some important information.
Here’s What We’re Doing
- We are actively monitoring the situation and are following guidelines from our local Health Department, the State of Connecticut and the CDC.
- Our Y is regularly cleaned and special care is taken by Y staff to meet quality standards in place year-round that keep our facility clean and safe.
- For our programs we are implementing a new schedule and procedures. First, times will be staggered with longer breaks in between for families to enter and exit the Y. Extra cleaning will be done in between. We ask families to limit the number of attendees (spectators) to two family members per participant.
- Reciprocity and guest passes are on hold until further notice and no guests will be allowed to visit the New Britain YMCA Hart House residents.
- Lunch and Learn events will be rescheduled at a later date.
- All YMCA childcare centers are open.
- The number of people allowed in the New Britain YMCA is limited to 125 at one time (not including the residents).
How You Can Help
- Get your exercise. Being physically active boosts overall health benefits. Also be sure to get plenty of sleep, manage stress, drink plenty of liquids, and eat nutritious food.
- Wash your hands. Hand washing remains the most effective method of preventing the spread of germs, including coronavirus. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water is not available.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well. When you or your little one(s) are sick until you’ve been free of fever for 24 hours.
- Cover your cough or sneeze. Please cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get the flu shot.
We will keep everyone updated with information as it develops. Additionally, we encourage you to regularly check the CDC’s website for important updates and safety information.
John Benigni, CEO, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Steve Markoja, Branch Executive Director, Meriden YMCA
Marci Moskal, Branch Executive Director, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs