Personal Fitness with Ben Belancik
The Berlin YMCA is excited to announce a new class starting Saturday March 9th to help you Spring Into Shape! Join us for Personal Fitness with Ben Belancik.
- Spring I Session: March 9 - April 27, 2019
- Spring II Session May 6 - June 29, 2019
- Summer Session July 8 - August 31, 2019
- Day/Time: Saturdays 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
$30 for 8 weeks for Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
- $55 for 8 weeks for nonmembers.
- Berlin YMCA Fitness, 1176 Farmington Avenue.
- REGISTER: Preregistration is required. Call Amy at the Berlin YMCA at 860.357.2717.
Ben Belancik, Personal Trainer
Throughout my elementary school years I was active in baseball, basketball, and bowling. It wasn't until middle school when I began to go through difficult times and the weight started piling on. In high school I became more active, started walking as part as my exercise regime but then I was in a car accident. I couldn't exercise at all and the weight started coming on again.
When I started college I had hit 300 pounds and maintained that until I was about to get married and lost 20 pounds. I consulted with a doctor about weight loss surgery. He told me I had to lose 30 pounds first. After a few months of the right exercise and diet plan the weight started coming off and I decided not to have the surgery.
Since then I have maintained my 110 pound weight loss. I use exercise as a stress reliever, and manage my weight and eat smarter. I am so much happier. Since I had so much success with my journey I decided to become a personal trainer to teach others how to live l a much healthier life. There are so many goals that people can have and while it may be just to live healthier, lose weight, build muscle, or get involved, I would love to help you set and achieve your goals.
- Weight loss of 125 lbs
- Ran four 5K’s
- 2 Time Tough Mudder Completion
- Cheshire Half Marathon
- MS 50 mile bike ride
- Eversource Marathon Finisher
- 1 Time Rugged Maniac Finisher
- 1 Time Warrior Dash
- Iron Man Participant