SilverSneakers® Program for Older Adults
The SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is an innovative health, exercise and wellness program helping older adults live healthy, active lifestyles. Your SilverSneakers fitness membership includes:
- Access to our basic amenities such as our heated pool, private locker rooms, private showers, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, racquetball courts.
- SilverSneakers classes and other classes we offer such
- Most important, your membership is available to you at little or no cost through your health plan.
Regular participation in SilverSneakers can help you build muscular strength, improve joint mobility and increase cardiovascular endurance, leading to improved health and greater independence.
SilverSneakers also provides opportunities to:
- expand your social network and strengthen friendships
- increase your mental sharpness
- take part in social activities and wellness seminars
More than 1 million members nationwide already enjoy SilverSneakers. Join them today and bring your SilverSneakers card and/or health plan ID to the front desk, and our friendly staff will help you enroll!
To find out if you are eligible for SilverSneakers, please contact your health plan provider or :
- Contact Desiree Agosto at the New Britain YMCA at 860.229.3787 or visit the New Britain YMCA at 50 High Street.
- Contact Joan Goodman at the Meriden YMCA at 203-235-6386 or visit the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street.
- For more information regarding the SilverSneakers Fitness Program visit www.silversneakers.com