Help Our Community
A lot has changed at the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA over the past two years, but our commitment has remained the same - to always be here for our community when people need us most, with open arms and caring hearts.
When the devastating effects of COVID-19 swept across the country and landed on our doorsteps, we quickly rallied to provide our community with essential services. Thanks to the unwavering support of our staff, members, volunteers, donors and community partners, our YMCA has been able to continue offering people a critical lifeline as we work to help our community recover and thrive.
The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA has met community needs by:
- Providing free emergency child care for first responders, health care workers and essential workers;
- Feeding families and individuals in need;
- Hosting a mobile FoodShare site every other Wednesday to distribute food to the community;
- Keeping our members healthy with virtual workouts, wellness tips and recipes;
- Engaging families with virtual game nights;
- Providing free virtual art, STEM and dance classes;
- Hosting a virtual sunrise Easter service and added an in person service this year;
- Housing close to 90 men in our Hart House Member-In-Residence Program;
- Offering a safe fun summer camp experience for over 400 kids per week;
- Providing our child care students approximately 3,000 meals per week;
- Keeping members active and healthy with indoor and outdoor group exercise classes when we reopened in June 2020;
- Providing before & after school programming, swim lessons, senior classes, sport leagues and youth programming;
- Implementing intensive cleaning protocols for the safety of our members and staff.
The need for your support is greater than ever. We’re asking for your help so we can continue to support our neighbors and strengthen our community.
Together, we can provide food for those who are hungry, child care for parents who need to go to work, a safe, nurturing space for kids to attend school remotely, housing for those who are homeless, outreach to seniors who are feeling isolated, and opportunities for kids and adults to stay active. Strong communities are built by people who care about one another.
John Benigni, CEO, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Marci Moskal, Branch Director, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs
Steve Markoja, Branch Director, Meriden YMCA
P.S. Please help us serve our community members. No donation is too small. Your donation is tax deductible.
- Call us at (860) 229-3787.
- Donate online now by clicking on the button below.
- Mail or drop off your donation
- Thank you for your support. Together, we make our community stronger.