GET YOUR GAME ON
Take your best shot at the YMCA and have fun playing basketball in our Parent and Child Lessons, Youth Basketball Lessons and Youth Basketball League. Click on the links below to learn more.
A great introduction to basketball! This progressive basketball program focuses on basic skill development and fundamentals of game play. Fair play, sportsmanship, and fun are emphasized. Each player will receive a team t-shirt. Volunteer coaches are needed.
- Spring II: April 28 - June 9, 2018
- Location: New Britain YMCA Gym
- Ages 4-6 yrs. Saturday 9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
- Ages 7 - 9 yrs. Saturday 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
- Full Member Fee: $15 Program Member Fee: $25
YOUTH BASKETBALL INSTRUCTION
A great introduction to basketball! This progressive basketball program focuses on basic skill development and fundamentals of game play. Fair play, sportsmanship, and
fun are emphasized. Each player will receive a team t-shirt.Volunteer coaches are needed.
- Winter Session: January 20 – March 3, 2018
- Location: Mooreland Hill School gym, Kensington, CT
- Rookies (Ages 4-6yrs) Saturday 10:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Winners (Ages 7-9yrs) Saturday 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Full Member Fee: $45 Program Member Fee: $65
ALTON BROOKS BASKETBALL LEAGUE
Are you looking for a competitive basketball league for your youngster age 7-12 years old? Check out the Alton F. Brooks Youth Basketball League at the New Britain YMCA! This is a coed league with a weekly practice and Saturday games. It’s the perfect next level of play after our Y-Youth Sports programs. All the action takes place at the New Britain YMCA gymnasium.
2 Divisions Available:
Elementary (Ages 7-9yrs) Middle School ( Ages 10-12yrs)
Fee: Full Member: $20 • Program Member: $35
Team practices will begin the week of January 15, 2018 with games starting January 20. League runs thru the end of March.