Dear Y members:
We have great news! Starting Thursday October 1st, locker rooms and showers will be open for swimmers and aqua aerobics participants to use after you go in the pool.
Here is how it will work:
- Swimmers should come prepared to swim or take the aqua aerobics class. We ask that you shower at home before coming to use the pool and wear your bathing suit to the Y.
- Locker rooms (Family, Men’s, Women’s, Girls, and Boys) will be open for showers and quick change after using the pool.
- Locker rooms will be accessed from the pool deck only and are only to be used by members who have used the pool.
- Y staff will clean the showers on a regular basis.
- Disinfectant spray will be available at each shower to spray before and after you use the showers.
- Please maintain social distancing while waiting for showers, walking to and from showers, and limit time if others are waiting.
- After using the locker room, exit through the pool deck. Be sure to wear your mask.
- As per CT State Reopening guidelines, saunas are not available for use at this time.
It has been wonderful to see our members back in the pool. Let’s continue to work together to stay active and safe as we move ahead to this next phase in the Y reopening plans.
Sincerely,John Benigni, CEO, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Marci Moskal, Branch Executive Director, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs
Steve Markoja, Branch Executive Director, Meriden YMCA