Frequently Asked Membership Questions
- Monthly: Payments are drafted on the 1st or the 15th prior to the upcoming month.
- Annual: Must pay 3 months in advance or the full year. Must be renewed annually.
- If membership lapses entry fee must be paid again.
- All membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You must notify the YMCA in writing by filling our a Cancellation Form at the Front Desk 30 days prior to the time you would like the membership to end. The YMCA has 30 days to inactivate your account. It is your responsibility to verify with your bank or credit card company that payment to the YMCA has stopped. The YMCA is not responsible should payments continue to be withdrawn from your bank or credit card account.
- Payment options are debit, credit or EFT Accounts.
Returned Checks & Bank Drafts
If your bank draft/credit card draft is not honored by your bank the amount will be collected electronically and your account will be charged a $20 service fee.
Frequent returned payments are subject to cancellation from program or membership and fees are non-refundable.
General Refund Policy
If any class or program is canceled by the YMCA, a full refund of paid program fees, plus membership fees if taken out solely to participate in the canceled class, will be made by check from the YMCA. Other membership, program, joiner’s and drafting fee are nonrefundable. Any program or fitness classes not held for holidays or due to inclement weather are not refundable nor transferable.
If you are not a YMCA member and would like to use the facility for the day, you may do so by purchasing a Day Pass. You must be accompanied by a current active member of the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA who is a member in good standing. A maximum of four Day Passes per month can be issued on each account for a fee of $15 per individual. The YMCA reserves the right to limit the sale of day passes based on building usage. Rates are subject to change.
To obtain a Day Pass you must:
- Be 18 years of age with ID or be accompanied by a parent.
- You must be accompanied by a current active member of the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA who is a member in good standing.
- Complete a visitor information form.
Y Membership and ID Card
Your YMCA membership may be used for member services or program registration at member rates. A membership card is issued to every member 13 years old and older. Rates and schedules subject to change. It is necessary to present your Membership ID Card for admittance to the New Britain-Berlin YMCA. If a member forgets his/her card, the member must verify membership with a photo ID. Any member who lends his/her card or assists a non-member in unauthorized use of the facility subjects their membership to revocation.
The New Britain-Berlin YMCA provides membership and program scholarships to individuals, children, and families in need and in turn, the opportunity to participate in the Ys high quality, character building programs, regardless of one’s ability to pay.
- Contact Cindy Rivera, Membership Coordinator at email@example.com
- Click on the link below for the Financial Assistance Application.
Conditions of Membership
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
All members must abide by our Facility Rules.
To apply, please download the application and return it to our Welcome Center when complete!Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›