Group Lesson Levels
Safe confident swimmers start at the Y. Sign up now and learn to swim.
- Spring I: March 1 - April 17, 2021
- Spring II: April 19 - June 5, 2021 (No class 5/31. Class will be made up on 6/3)
- Four participants allowed in each class
- Group Lesson Fees: Full Member $50, Program Member $60
- Adult Lesson Fees: Full Member $75, Program Member $95
- Please note: Our Group Lessons are on a first come, first served basis depending on availability at the time of registration. Instructors may vary from session to session. There will be no refunds issued.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival and masks are mandatory in our facility.
- Find out what kids think about NBBY swim lessons: Why Adrian Likes Swim Lessons
Parent & Child Swim
This class class is for ages 6 months to 3 years old and is a 30 minute lesson. This class builds water safety skills for parents and children, helping infants and children become comfortable in the water so they are willing and ready to swim under the direction of our experienced staff. Class includes a combination of water adjustment skills, songs and games.
- Monday 5:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
This class is for children ages 4 to 5 years old and is a 30 minute lesson. This class gives young children a developmentally appropriate aquatic learning experience that emphasizes water safety in a class environment with their peers. Our Pike level is for our first time swimmers with class goals of swimming without an adult assisted by a flotation device. Our Eel classes are for swimmers who may have taken lessons before with class goals of swimming with their face in the water, float and possibly swim without a flotation device.
- PIKE Tuesday 6:30 -7:00 p.m.
- PIKE Wednesday 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- EEL Monday 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- EEL Wednesday 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- EEL Saturday 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Polliwog: Intro to Water Skills
Our Polliwog level class is for students ages 6 to 13 years old and is a 30 minute class. This lesson will help students begin to feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. Students will learn elementary water skills which they can build on as they progress.
- POLLIWOG Monday 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- POLLIWOG Tuesday 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- POLLIWOG Wednesday 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- POLLIWOG Saturday 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Guppy: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
Our Guppy level is for children ages 6 to 13 years old and is a 30 minute class. These lessons will help students gain confidence and work on the basics of treading water, gliding and getting their face in the water. Sessions are 8 weeks long with 7 classes included and 1 make-up class built in for unforeseen issues. 6 students max.
- GUPPY Monday 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Minnow: Stroke Development
this class is for swimmers ages 6 to 13 years old and is a 30 minute class. Our Minnow level swimmers will learn how to knee-dive, progress in their front crawl and backstroke and continue to develop their water treading skills. They will also glide on their front and back.
- MINNOW Tuesday 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- MINNOW Saturday 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Fish: Stroke Improvement
This class is for swimmers ages 6 to 13 years old and is a 45 minute lesson. Our Fish level swimmers will learn how to improve their treading water skills and will progress to a standing dive as well as improving their stroke techniques. Students will be required to perform all four strokes in a 25 yard pool and perform a dive in order to join this class. Instructor permission is required to register.
- FISH Saturday 8:45 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- FISH Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Flying Fish: Skill Proficiency
Our Flying Fish and Shark levels are for students ages 6 to 13 years old who have completed prior levels and are looking to develop a strong swimming endurance while perfecting their techniques. This 45 minute class is the last level before joining life guarding classes. Students will be required to perform all four strokes in a 25 yard pool and perform a dive in order to join this class. Instructor permission is required to register.
- FLYING FISH Saturday 10:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Our Adult Beginner class is for people ages 18+ who have little to no swimming experience. This one hour class will go over everything from water safety to treading water to different swim strokes.
- Day/Time: Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.