What to Bring to Camp
Hello camp families!
We often are asked, what should my camper bring to camp?
Here is what they should bring, and what they should leave at home.
What to bring to camp
- Bring a backpack. All items should be marked with the camper’s name.
- Campers must bring their own lunch. Campers should bring a lunch with ice packs that can stay in the backpack or is packed in a cooler. No refrigeration will be provided. Nothing will be heated up. Please note: We have a lot of campers with food allergies and peanut allergies, so please be courteous when choosing foods to send for lunch. Also in situations where campers forget their lunch, or if camp staff feel an inadequate lunch has been provided for a camper—parents will be notified in the morning and will be expected to provide a lunch by lunch time.
- A water bottle. There will be ample time for water breaks and a water fountain to refill when necessary.
What to wear to camp
- Comfortable clothes for indoor and outdoor play.
- Sneakers or closed-toed shoes MUST be worn at all times! Sandals & open-toed shoes are prohibited during the camp day—but may be worn for swimming or water games activities.
- For gymnastics camp, campers should wear shorts without zippers or buttons and a shirt that can be tucked in. Masks are required in the gymnastics gym.
What to keep at home
- All Electronics: iPod’s, iPad’s, Reading Tablets, Gameboys, etc.
- Cell Phones - Campers DO NOT need a cell phone at camp. If they need to contact a parent they can use the camp phone in the office. Campers that are caught with cell phones will be asked to leave them in the camp office until the end of the day.
- Trading Cards –none of any kind, Pokémon, Magic Cards, etc.
- Toys, Jewelry Anything of value - Please be advised that YMCA Camp Thundermoon is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Clothing with messages referring to tobacco, drugs, alcohol, sex or containing offensive or inappropriate words. Any camper wearing such clothing will be dismissed from camp for the day unless they can have a parent/guardian bring them in a change or clothes.
- Weapons (knives, matches, guns or anything that can be used as a weapon). Any camper who brings weapons to camp will be suspended immediately.
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco. YMCA Camp Thundermoon is a drug, alcohol, and smoke free program. Any camper found with tobacco, drugs or alcohol will be immediately suspended from camp.