Salsa and Bachata
The New Britain YMCA is offering Salsa and Bachata lessons for anyone ages 18 and over! Sign up on your own or sign up as a couple! Dance is great to work on flexibility, posture and coordination. It is also a fun and exciting way to keep in shape!
- Winter: January 10 - February 14, 2022
- Spring I: February 21 - March 28, 2022
- Location: Aerobics studio
- Beginners/new students 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Current students 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Individual Member $35
- Individual Non-Member $45
- Member Couple $70
- Non-Member Couple $80
- Questions: Contact Ashley Jordan at 860.229.3787 or email@example.com
- Register: At the New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street, New Britain.
See videos from our class:
How to register for programs:
1. If you already have an up to date membership - You can register online, by phone at 860.229.3787 or in person at the New Britain YMCA.
2. If you do not have a membership or need to update your membership, please register in person at the New Britain YMCA.
Meet our Salsa and Bachata Dance Instructor Edward Trueheart
My name is Edward Trueheart and I've been a YMCA member for nearly thirteen years. About eleven years ago I took my first salsa dance lesson. I've been dancing ever since.
The technical and timing components of dancing became challenging to me. Throughout the years I have had the pleasure of being professionally trained by various instructors from CT to NY. I'm currently working on my fifth style called "kizomba".
About five years ago I decided to share my passion and dancing experiences with others. I began teaching basic concepts of salsa on 1, salsa on 2, infused bachata (modern + Dominican) merengue/cha-cha styles.
Bachata, a dance originating in the Dominican Republic, is one of the hottest dances around and has become increasingly popular worldwide. I will be teaching an infusion of traditional, modern and sensual styles of bachata. You will learn various components of this dance which includes partner work, turn patterns and fancy footwork called shines. This class will be designed for all levels of dance. Whether you're a beginner or seasoned dancer this class will be fun as well as challenging. So come join us with or without a partner.
Dancing is such a great physical, social, emotional activity that can relieve a ton of stress. I promise this journey will be very fun and challenging. I'll be there to help guide you every dance step along the way so let's dance!Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›