Thank you for your support of the Y and your patience during the Coronavirus outbreak. We hope you and your family are healthy and safe. Our YMCA facilities are closed per order of Governor Lamont.
The Y reopened June 20th
- Welcome back! Please read our Reopening Information.
- Please read for more information - May 30 Announcement
- We are sending updates via email and automated calls. If you have not received an email or phone update from us please send an email to Desiree Rivera so she can add your email and update your phone number in our database.
- Check our web site and social media channels for future updates.
- If you have questions that are not covered in the info below, call us at 860.306.5975 or contact the appropriate person below. We'll get back to you within 48 hours.
- We're having the best summer ever! Visit our Camp Thundermoon page for details, online registration and how to save on summer camp.
- For camp questions contact Donelle Daigle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our programs are back to our regular child care offerings, following the guidelines of the State of Connecticut's Office of Early Childhood, federal and local governments. Programs have enhanced cleaning procedures, smaller group sizes as required by OEC and in some cases shortened or revised schedules. If you need child care contact Tina Valentin.
Virtual Home Workouts
- We hope you have enjoyed our home workout options and daily wellness posts to help keep you healthy at home.
- When we reopen, members will have access to our library of virtual workouts.
- Personal Training will change from virtual sessions to in person sessions at the YMCA.
- Our daily Healthy at Home series ended Friday June 19th.
- Now more than ever we need your support. We are hopeful that you will be patient during this unprecedented time and continue to support the Y. Our YMCA has helped keep our community healthy and we ask that you please keep your membership active so we can keep our community healthy during these challenges.
- Please read these updates:
- If after reading the Membership Update above you still have questions, please contact Desiree Rivera at email@example.com.
- While we have been closed we've been helping members continue to stay healthy with:
Starting Monday July 20th we're offering Senior Hour three days per week Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:30 - 2:30 where only our senior members will be using our facility. Senior members are welcome to use the facility at other times too. These hours are for those senior members who would feel more comfortable with having just seniors at the Y during their workout time. We will also have Silver Sneakers classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:30 - 2:15 PM. Please call ahead to reserve your spot in class, or use of the fitness center or pool.
Activities for Kids and Families
While you have been home, we hope you have enjoyed these free activities. More information is coming soon about our regular programs.
- Basketball Skills and Drills
- Fun Educational Activities for Home
- Gymnastics Fun!
- Cooking with the Y
- Free Virtual Art and Dance classes starting the week of April 27th
- Free Virtual STEM classes starting the week of April 27th
- Programs are postponed. We plan to run them when we reopen and make up classes. Program directors will contact participants as updates become available.
- For Youth Sports contact Donelle Daigle at firstname.lastname@example.org or Justin Ferreira at email@example.com
- For Swim Lessons contact Ashley Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Infant, Toddler and Preschool Care
- June 2 - We are reopening programs on a systematic basis. Families are being contacted via email and phone and surveys sent out about child care needs to help as we plan for reopening.
- Our child care centers are temporarily closed for regular programs based on CDC, White House and State government guidelines. We do have some emergency child care available for hospital employees. Please see the March 25 update below for details.
- March 25 Infant, Toddler and Preschool Update including Emergency Child Care
- March 17 Infant, Toddler and Preschool Update
- Contact Tina Valentin with additional questions at email@example.com.
Before and After School Care
- Please read this March 25 Before and After School Update
- Please read March 17 New Britain and Berlin Before and After School Care Update
- After reading the update if you have any additional questions, please contact:
Hart House Residence
- A letter from one of our residents - Thank you New Britain YMCA
- Thank you to community members who have donated food and toiletries. We are very grateful for your help.
- We are not accepting new residents while the Y is closed. Please contact Curtis Slaughter with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- May 30th Reopening Newsletter
- April 27 Newsletter
- March 25th Update for NBBY Before and After School Families - Emergency Child Care Available for Hospital Staff
- March 25th Update for NBBY Infant, Toddler and Preschool Families including Emergency Child Care for Hospital Staff
- March 17 Update for New Britain and Berlin Infant, Toddler and Preschool Care Families
- March 17 Update for New Britain and Berlin Before and After School Care Families
- March 17 Membership Update
- March 16 Update - Temporary Closure
- March 13 Update
- March 12 Update
Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›