Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues). We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
What You Need to Know
- Valid for active, full facility YMCA members
- On a monthly basis, nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership
- Make sure the Y offers the services and amenities you plan to use
- Bring a photo ID with you for your visit
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting another Y location
Some restrictions may apply. Call ahead or visit the web site of the Y you plan to visit. Photo ID also required.
Does it cost extra to participate in this program?
No, all full facility/full privilege members may participate at no additional charge. The reciprocity program is intended to be an added benefit and convenience for members when visiting other communities. You need to maintain a full facility/full privilege membership at the Y you visit most frequently.
How often can I use one of these YMCAs? Are there any restrictions on what I can do at a particular YMCA?
Whatever Y you pay your dues to is your home Y and you should spend more than 50% of your time there. We recommend members check the individual Y’s website before visiting. See ymca.net for a complete listing of all Y's. This program is designed to allow visitors from other Y's to be occasional guests.
How will I know if there are any restrictions and what they are?
Please visit the website of the Y you would like to visit. All Ys will have updated information posted on their website.
What to know when visiting the Meriden or New Britain YMCAs:
- Our Fitness classes are available on a space available basis. Meriden, New Britain, and Berlin YMCA members have first priority for classes, especially those that require advance registration. Guests from other YMCAs and staff members can put their name on the waiting list for the class and take them on a space available basis. Walk in classes are also available on a space available basis for guests.
- CrossFit Meriden classes are for Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA members who have CrossFit memberships.
What do I need to bring to verify that I am a current Y member?
You must bring your current membership card and a photo ID (i.e. driver’s license) in order to utilize another Y. By providing both of these items the staff at the visiting Y will be able to verify your current Y membership. It is mandatory that you bring both of these items with you.
Do I need to sign anything?
As a reciprocal member visiting another Y you will need to agree to abide by all of their rules and regulations. You will likely be asked to sign a liability waiver and/or other document outlining that local Y’s policies and procedures and show your photo i.d.
What if I want to sign up for a program at another YMCA?
For purposes of program registration (i.e. swimming lessons, camp, child care etc.) you would be considered a non-member and would pay the corresponding nonmember rate if available.
Does reciprocity include use of the Meriden YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center?
No. Use of the YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center is for full privilege Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA members only (family, senior, adult).
Remember to visit ymca.net before you travel. Chances are there is a YMCA near your destination.Contact the New Britain - Berlin YMCA ›